Thursday, December 17, 2009

Earthquake hits Morocco






















When I woke up this morning, a friend told me jokingly that “there was earthquake!” I didn’t give much importance to what he said and went on preparing myself to go to work. When I arrived to work, as usually, I got in one of the online newspapers to see what’s going on. The first headline that surprised me is that of the earthquake that hit Morocco last night in 1:45 am. Then, I realized that my friend was serious and not joking. The quake was of 5.5 degrees on the Richter scale. And it is said that the quake was sensed in different cities including Tangier, Marrakech, Rabat, Kenitra, Meknes, Fes, Casablanca, where I am, but not in my room because I was just immersed in deep sleep before half an hour. The quake did not cause any casualties or victims because it is identified in the midst of the Atlantic, away some 300 km west of tangier. And it is also reported that the quake is detected in Spain and Portugal. Now, I realize that my sleep is really so deep and even if a bomb or a rocket fall near my head, I can sleep peacefully, may be till I wake up in the cemetery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment